Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is one of New Mexico's largest physician owned and directed multispecialty medical groups. The group was established in Albuquerque in 1979 and has served Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, and New Mexicans throughout the State for more than 25 years. Our new Westside clinic at 4420 Irving Blvd., N.W., provides expanded primary care including Family Medicine and Pediatrics, and specialty care including Neurology and Podiatry, to Rio Rancho and Albuquerque's West Side. The Westside clinic is one of New Mexico's most modern facilities. Our Clinic at 6100 Pan American Fwy., N.E., (Northside Medical Building) provides comprehensive primary care including Family Medicine, Pediatric Medicine and Internal Medicine; and specialty care including Gynecology, Neurology, Obstetrics and Podiatry.
Quick And Direct Access To Medical Care
- Same Day Appointments and Extended Office Hours for your convenience
- General Radiology Services available on-site at the time of your appointment with your physician or Licensed Certified Nurse Practioner
- Medical Laboratory Services for most routine Lab Tests at the time of your appointment - no driving to a lab
- Digital Mammography Services (diagnostic screening for breast cancer) available on-site in a pleasant and comfortable environment
- Prompt and personal medical care, provided at clinics located for your convenience
- Timely medical care with most individuals seen by the physician within twenty minutes of their appointment time
High Quality Medical Care In Modern Facilities
Our goal is to provide you with high quality medical care, in a convenient, safe, modern and comfortable environment. To accomplish this goal, our physicians work in an environment promoting your advocacy and addressing your health care needs.
- Physicians and Licensed Certified Nurse Practioners diagnose and prescribe treatment
- On-site Medical Records - for your privacy medical records are not available electronically or through the inter-net
- On-call physicians, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, in all primary care and medical specialties available at SMA
- Accredited Medical Laboratory (CLIA and COLA) with analysis conducted by Certified Medical Laboratory Technicians on-site for quick results for most routine lab tests
- Medicare Certified Mammography Screening Services Accredited by the American Collage of Radiologists and conducted by Registered Radiology Technicians with special training and Certification in Mammography
Genuine Concern for your Health and Comfort
Our staff of nurses, medical assistants, receptionists, and business office personnel are trained to meet your needs. Our physicians and Licensed Certified Nurse Practioners are sensitive to your health care concerns and seek to provide the care that you need. Our receptionists are trained to schedule your appointments at your convenience, including same day appointments and work-ins when needed. Our nurses and medical assistants are trained to assist in the coordination of care with your insurance company, draw samples (blood) for laboratory analysis without the need for you to leave the exam room or facility, and assist you in obtaining the medical and ancillary services you need.